National Conference on Philanthropic Planning
For information on the National Conference,
usually held each October, please visit charitablegiftplanners.org
The National Conference on Philanthropic Planning is a unique meeting place for all of the professionals who work together to make charitable giving most meaningful. The conference provides more than 40 sessions that feature speakers, topics, education formats and networking opportunities designed to engage all partners in the philanthropic planning process. The conference is focused on those involved in charitable gift planning including:
- Nonprofit planned giving professionals
- Major gifts fundraisers
- Development directors
- Financial planners and wealth advisors
- Estate and retirement planning professionals
- Insurance and real estate professionals
- Nonprofit CEOs, CFOs and trustees
Conference sessions are authorized by CFP and CFRE boards for continuing education credit. Those seeking continuing legal education credit are encouraged to submit conference materials to their local certifying body after the conference; certificates of attendance are provided.
What makes the conference special? Conference speakers from all disciplines involved in the planning process share their expertise to help attendees:
- Focus on philanthropic strategies that synthesize the vision and skill of donors and their families, fundraisers, and advisors.
- Understand that the most meaningful gifts for donors and the causes they support usually combine current and future strategies.
- Envision professional relationships and staffing policies that eliminate barriers to cooperation between fundraising departments or between fundraisers and advisors.
- Encourage innovation within ethical, legal and regulatory contexts to help donors understand and achieve their philanthropic potential.
- Anticipate legislative and regulatory changes that may affect donors and charities.
Who should attend? Most sessions are geared toward professionals with, at minimum, a basic understanding of gift planning tools and techniques, and many sessions are geared to senior level planners. However, some foundational sessions are provided for fundraisers and advisors who are just beginning to build their expertise in philanthropic planning.
The conference is especially beneficial for:
- Fundraisers and development managers from all types of charitable organizations.
- Financial and legal advisors who assist donors with wills and trusts, investments, insurance, retirement strategies and other plans that offer opportunities for philanthropic giving.
- Nonprofit CEOs, CFOs and trustees who seek to understand the role of philanthropic planning in long-term fund development.